Lake Placid’s only AAA Four Diamond Restaurant
We highly recommend that you make dining reservations well in advance of your arrival. We are the most recognized and therefore the busiest restaurant in the area and sell out almost every evening. Please reserve early!!
To ensure the safest possible indoor dining experience for our patrons, UV-C filters are present in all dining room and lounge/bar HVAC systems, effectively cleansing all recirculated air of bacteria, mold and viral particles. Additionally, we have increased social distancing between tables and encourage any guest not feeling well to please visit at another time.
The View was established in 2004, and is Lake Placid’s only AAA Four-Diamond “Exceptional” rated restaurant. This high-end restaurant sources only the freshest ingredients and the finest wines from around the world. The a la carte dinner menu includes traditional cuisine that uses ingredients sourced from regional Lake Placid farmers, as well as items from our very own vegetable and herb garden.
To place an order, please call us at (518) 302-3000
7:30 – 10:30AM
5:30 – 9:00PM
DRESS CODE – Please note that we do have a dress code in The View Restaurant, which is resort casual. We do ask our guests to refrain from wearing baseball caps, hooded sweatshirts, sweatpants, novelty tee- shirts, or torn/faded denim. We do prefer to see gentlemen in collared shirts however, no jacket or tie is required. Dress denim and dress sandals are acceptable. Guests who do not adhere to the dress code may risk forfeiting their dining reservation, or we will invite you to dine in our more casual restaurant The Cottage Café.**
Restaurant Accessibility Features
- There are 4 accessible parking spaces located within 50 feet of the entrance to the Main building.
- Parking lots are all well paved and maintained.
- Entrance from parking lot to the main building has double doors that easily open.
- The View is wheelchair accessible, and has clear pathways.
- Elevators are available for easy access to all floors of the Main building.
- We welcome service animals that are trained to perform a specific task to assist a guest with disabilities.
- We always try to accommodate special dietary needs.
- We do ask that guests provide us with at least 48 hours’ advance notice whenever possible.
- Please note that although we do our very best, we cannot guarantee that food allergens will not be transferred through accidental cross-contact.