Lake Placid’s only AAA Four Diamond Restaurant
Due to safety precautions and government-imposed restrictions as a result of COVID-19 all of our facilities have capacity limitations. Therefore, it is extremely important for you to make dining reservations well in advance of your arrival. We are the most recognized and therefore the busiest restaurant in the area.
Every night we turn away 20-30 people for dining in The View restaurant because demand is so great. Please reserve early!!
To ensure the safest possible indoor dining experience for our patrons, we do require guests to be temperature screened prior to entering the dining area and require a face-covering anytime they are not seated. Hospital-grade UV-C light-emitting units will be used to sanitize tables and cutlery between seatings as well as before and after dinner service. Additionally, UV-C filters have been added to all dining room and lounge/bar HVAC systems, cleansing all recirculated air of bacteria and viral particles.
The View was established in 2004, and is Lake Placid’s only AAA Four-Diamond “Exceptional” rated restaurant. This high-end restaurant sources only the freshest ingredients and the finest wines from around the world. The a la carte dinner menu includes traditional cuisine that uses ingredients sourced from regional Lake Placid farmers, as well as items from our very own vegetable and herb garden.
For reservations, please call us at (518) 302-3000
“To-Go” Breakfast Hours
7:30 – 10:30AM
5:00 – 7:45PM
Restaurant Accessibility Features
- There are 4 accessible parking spaces located within 50 feet of the entrance to the Main building.
- Parking lots are all well paved and maintained.
- Entrance from parking lot to the main building has double doors that easily open.
- The View is wheelchair accessible, and has clear pathways.
- Elevators are available for easy access to all floors of the Main building.
- We welcome service animals that are trained to perform a specific task to assist a guest with disabilities.
- We always try to accommodate special dietary needs.
- We do ask that guests provide us with at least 48 hours’ advance notice whenever possible.
- Please note that although we do our very best, we cannot guarantee that food allergens will not be transferred through accidental cross-contact.
Please note that we do have a dress code in The View Restaurant, which is resort casual. We do not allow baseball caps, hooded sweatshirts, graphic t-shirts, sweatpants or torn/faded denim. Guests looking for more of a pub style menu are welcome to visit our casual restaurant, The Cottage Café which is located directly across the street on the lakeshore.