Lake Placid’s only AAA Four Diamond Restaurant
Reservations are required.
Because we see such great demand as the only fine-dining restaurant in the High Peaks Region, we recommend you make your dining reservations well in advance of your arrival. Please reserve early!!
The View Restaurant, overlooking beautiful, serene Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains, is Lake Placid’s only AAA Four-Diamond “Exceptional” restaurant.
The View’s lounge offers a warm, comfortable, and inviting atmosphere, perfect for relaxing and unwinding with a crafted cocktail, glass of wine, beer or cider. The lounge offers a unique small bite menu designed to complement your beverage experience.
The View’s beautifully appointed dining room offers a menu rich in the character and terroir of the Adirondacks with influences from Europe’s finest resorts mountain and alpine villages.
The View menu features house made fresh pastas, custom cut and aged steaks, heritage breed meats, fresh fish flown in from around the world, and a large, curated offering of house crafted and locally produced foods.
In addition to Lake Placid’s finest food, the View features and amazing wine list, earning Wine Spectator’s Best of Award of Excellence for 20 consecutive years.
The View welcomes guests with special dietary needs and food allergies.
To ensure the safest possible indoor dining experience for our patrons, UV-C filters are present in all dining room and lounge/bar HVAC systems, effectively cleansing all recirculated air of bacteria, mold, and viral particles. Additionally, we have increased social distancing between tables and encourage any guest not feeling well to please visit at another time.
To place an order, please call us at (518) 302-3000
7:30 – 10:30AM
5:30 – 9:00PM
DRESS CODE – Please note that we do have a dress code in The View Restaurant, which is resort casual. We do ask our guests to refrain from wearing baseball caps, hooded sweatshirts, sweatpants, novelty tee- shirts, or torn/faded denim. We do prefer to see gentlemen in collared shirts however, no jacket or tie is required. Dress denim and dress sandals are acceptable. Guests who do not adhere to the dress code may risk forfeiting their dining reservation, or we will invite you to dine in our more casual restaurant The Cottage Café.**
Restaurant Accessibility Features
- There are 4 accessible parking spaces located within 50 feet of the entrance to the Main building.
- Parking lots are all well paved and maintained.
- Entrance from parking lot to the main building has double doors that easily open.
- The View is wheelchair accessible, and has clear pathways.
- Elevators are available for easy access to all floors of the Main building.
- We welcome service animals that are trained to perform a specific task to assist a guest with disabilities.
- We always try to accommodate special dietary needs.
- We do ask that guests provide us with at least 48 hours’ advance notice whenever possible.
- Please note that although we do our very best, we cannot guarantee that food allergens will not be transferred through accidental cross-contact.