Spend the weekend learning the nuance of fly fishing at the inaugural Mirror Lake Inn Fly Fishing School. Join guides; Ken Kalill, Gary Marchuk and Andrew Weibrecht for a step by step walkthrough of everything you need to know to get you fishing and build your skills. Our patient and professional guides are dedicated to providing an educational experience where each student receives one-on-one, hands-on instruction to get them fishing better than ever regardless of experience level.
To book, please call us directly at (518) 523-2544 – This link opens your default phone application.
Instructional topics include:
- Essential fly-fishing knots
- Fly casting techniques
- Choosing the right gear and tackle
- Basic aquatic insect entomology
- Proper fly selection
- Reading water
- Playing, landing and safely releasing fish
While instruction include some dry land tutorials, our experienced guides understand the most fun part of learning to fish is the fishing itself.
- Day 1 takes students to the Shangri La Trout Preserve, where they have the opportunity to build their casting repertoire in a controlled environment while presenting flies to trophy trout.
- Day 2 progresses to a river fishing environment where students will spend a morning learning the nuances of managing line, reading water and selecting the proper gear to catch and land fish.
Rates start as low as $454.00 per person, per night* (Based on Double Occupancy)
*Tax and Gratuity is additional
- Meet & Greet with the Guides on Friday evening (Cash Bar)
- To-Go Breakfast both mornings
- Gourmet Boxed Lunch on Saturday
- Fishing equipment (participants are welcome to bring their own if they like)
- Late Checkout on Sunday
Please note that this package does not include:
- Transportation to and from the water
- New York State Fishing License (Licenses can be purchased at: Lake Placid Town Hall – This link opens in a new window., Blue Line Sports – This link opens in a new window. or Online – This link opens in a new window.)