- We have created a task force that is monitoring the situation and working in conjunction with CDC and local officials to ensure safety protocols are implemented and maintained throughout the resort.
- All staff will undergo thermal imaging prior to the start of every shift.
- All staff will complete a state-mandated health and safety questionnaire prior to every shift.
- Any staff member registering a fever greater than 100.4 or who is unable to positively answer the verbal portion of the health and safety screening will be unable to come on property until cleared by a healthcare professional.
- All staff will wear PPE equipment while working in common areas or wherever social distancing is impossible.
- All staff have been trained in and practice frequent hand washing/hand sanitizing.
- Additional hand-washing stations have been installed in staff areas to ensure hygiene standards are maintained.
Guest Room / Housekeeping Procedures
- Maximum hotel occupancy will be reduced to 75%
- Guaranteed check-in time is now 4:00pm to allow additional time for cleaning & disinfecting procedures
- Whenever possible, guest rooms will be left vacant for 72 hours for the virus to die without a host after each guest departure.
- If a guest room is unable to be left vacant for 72 hours, the guest room will be disinfected with hospital-grade, Ultraviolet-C light-emitting units or fogged with an Electrostatic Sprayer prior to the next guest’s arrival.
- For your safety and for the safety of our staff, we have temporarily suspended normal in-room housekeeping service. Your room will be completely disinfected prior to your arrival. Upon request, we would be happy to deliver additional daily amenities (linens, toiletries, towels, etc.) to your door. In an emergency situation, please contact the Front Desk and we will assist you.
- Each guest room has its own climate control system. Guest room air-conditioning units intake fresh, outdoor air only, no air is recirculated or actively shared between guest rooms.
- Due to the increased time required to properly clean & sanitize guest rooms, we are not able to grant any late check outs.
- Turndown service has been temporarily discontinued.
- All luggage carts will be sanitized after each use.
- All touch points in guest room are sprayed with disinfectant.
- All guest room linen will be bagged in the guest room to reduce excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility.
- All sheets, comforters, Gore-Tex mattress protectors, towels are removed for washing between guests regardless of whether or not they were used.
- Bathrooms are cleaned and sprayed with disinfectant according to manufacturer recommendations while beds are made, and living/bedroom area is cleaned.
- Furniture is moved during cleaning to ensure surfaces can be cleaned and disinfected.
- All unnecessary items have been removed from guest rooms including: books, magazines, room guides, decorative pillows & blankets, etc.
- All soft surfaces (cushions, drapes, etc.) are misted with disinfectant spray.
- All remote controls, phones and hairdryers are disinfected and sealed in bags between guests.
- Upon completion of guest room cleaning and disinfecting, the housekeeper dates and signs a seal to be placed on the door jamb to assure no one enters the room prior to the next arrival.
- Guest Rooms are “single loaded” (all rooms face the lake), halving the guest density in all buildings and hallways compared to a traditionally constructed guest building. While the hotel was not designed “single loaded” with a pandemic in mind, we have long believed in the philosophical merits of private, secluded, personal spaces with limited traffic and low population density. After all, these ideas are the mark of luxury and what make the Adirondacks a wonderful place to vacation, especially during these times of social distance norms. We are the only hotel of this kind in the area.
- All door locks are being retrofitted to be keyless and will be able to be controlled via your smartphone.
- Remote check-in capabilities are being implemented via a smartphone app, allowing you to check in from your vehicle upon arrival, avoiding the traditional check in process.
- Hospital-grade, Ultraviolet-C disinfecting tools have been deployed throughout the property to ensure the highest levels of cleaning and disinfection.
- Hospital-grade, Electrostatic sprayers have been deployed throughout the property to ensure the most thorough levels of disinfection on high touchpoint areas.
- We are implementing “to-go” apps for our dining facilities, allowing guests to order and pre-pay electronically from their own device.
Common Areas / Miscellaneous
- All guests* and employees are required to wear face coverings when in indoor common areas including hallways and elevators or wherever social distancing is not possible.
- We ask that only 1 member of your party come to the Front Desk to check-in upon arrival to allow for proper social distancing between guests.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added throughout the property (elevators, entrances, lobby, registration areas, restaurants etc.).
- Pens and key cards are sanitized in Ultraviolet-C light boxes after each use.
- All common areas are cleaned and disinfected on an hourly basis during normal business hours with a focus on “touchpoints” such as: door knobs, elevator buttons, entryway door handles, handrails, faucets, toilet handles, soap dispensers, light switches, etc.
- Monofoil D, an antimicrobial disinfecting polymer with an efficacy period of up to 30 days, is being used on high touch surfaces in concert with the enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Physical barriers have been placed at all registration desks (restaurant, spa, registration, etc.) to provide separation during guest transactions.
- Social distance markers have been added in all high traffic areas.
- Additional seating areas are being added throughout the grounds to enable safe social distance between groups of guests.
- Outdoor firepits are being installed to provide additional areas to safely congregate.
- Valet service has been temporarily discontinued.
- Beach/pool chairs and shared equipment are disinfected at regular intervals or after each use.
- Bathroom facilities have been added to the private beach area.
- The View Restaurant has been expanded to allow for appropriate social distancing between tables.
- Restaurant seating capacity has been reduced to meet NY State guidelines.
- Physical barriers have been added to host stands and bar tops to provide separation during guest transactions.
- We strongly encourage dining patrons be temperature screened prior to entering restaurants.
- Ultraviolet-C HVAC filters have been installed in The View restaurant and lounge.
- Silverware will be pre-wrapped and sanitized.
- Straws will be pre-wrapped and unopened.
- Tables will be sanitized with Ultraviolet-C light disinfecting wands between each guest seating.
- Table linens will be replaced after each guest seating.
- Single use menus will be provided for each guest.
- Salt and pepper shakers have been removed from tabletops.
- Breakfast will temporarily be “to-go” style or may be delivered to guest room door.
- Carpets have been replaced with wood type hard-surface flooring within all primary dining areas to allow enhanced sanitation.
- Wait list pagers are being replaced with a text message service to limit common touch points.
- All computers, credit card machines, wine lists, etc. will be disinfected between every guest use.
- Containers for leftover food will be provided upon request, however the guest will be responsible for handling and packaging their own food.
Spa & Salon
- Physical barriers have been placed at the Spa Desk to provide separation during guest check-in and transactions.
- Treatment scheduling has been altered to ensure ample time to fully clean and disinfect all treatment surfaces and equipment between customers.
- Gym facilities and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals and between guest use.
- Social distance markers will be in place in high traffic areas.
- Occupancy in the Salon service areas is limited to one manicure or pedicure at a time, unless customers specify they are booking their services as a safe group.
- Gift shop occupancy will be limited to one customer or family group at a time.
- Ultraviolet-C HVAC filters have been installed in both the Men’s & Women’s sanctuary areas.
The protocols outlined above have been put in place for the safety of our guests, employees and the local community. Until such a time as we, in conjunction with the State of New York, determine that it is prudent to relax these protocols we will strictly adhere to them without exception. We understand if you are either unable or unwilling to comply with the protocols. Unfortunately, if this is the case, we will be unable to serve you at the Mirror Lake Inn at this time. We apologize and genuinely look forward to serving you in the future when we are able to lift the protocols.
*As per the Governors Executive Order of May 29, 2020